Galvanized Steel Wire Strand is made to ASTM B498; ASTM A 475; BS 183,IEC 888 etc. The metallic zinc coatings applied by the galvanizing process are an effective way of combating corrosion in steel. Galvanized wire for cable application is available in a Class A coating; Class B coating and Class C coating.
Class A coatings are smoother, however less corrosion resistant than heavy galvanized coatings and are often used in normal wire working applications. Some typical end users include cages, bucket handles, coat hangers and baskets.
Class B and Class C coatings are used in conditions where atmospheric corrosion is severe. End users include crop support wires where chemicals are used, pool fencing or chain mesh in coastal areas. Diameter Range of steel wire: 1.57 -4.00 mm
1) Used for electric power, communication, processing support line, underground support wire and messenger wire.
2) S-S cable is used as support wire of telephone communication cable
3) It is also used as support wire of internet communication cable.
4) It is also used for fish fraps
5) It is also used for out-casing which performs redrawing after plating
Delivery forms :
Wire will be delivered on Z-2 spools, on wooden drums or in coils. Strands will always be delivered on wooden drums.